AMSTED DESIGN-BUILD is in search of a Project Accountant Extraordinaire!
About the Position: We require an experienced (minimum 2 years) project accountant to participate in the overall delivery of the company’s accounts receivable, account payable, invoice/transaction reconciliation, coding, data entry and batching. The performance of the duties must ensure a quality approach to all employees, customers, managers, suppliers and financial institutions. All responsibilities must be performed in a manner consistent with the Amsted vision, mission, and must comply with all company policies and procedures. The Project Accountant in coordination with the Financial Controller are responsible for designing new procedures or improving current processes that in turn support the strategy and goals of Amsted.
The ideal candidate will be available to start in early March 2019.
The main responsibilities:
- Utilizes computer systems to run databases, code invoices and pay bills.
- Provides customer service, accepting payments and working with suppliers.
- Calculate, prepare and issue documents related to monthly home closings, such as bills, invoices, inventory reports, account statements and other financial statements.
- Code, total, batch, enter, verify and reconcile transactions such as accounts payable, cheques, invoices and cheque requisitions.
- Verify purchase orders, work with purchasing team to rectify issues.
- Verify codes and costs of materials according to supplier cost lists and cross referencing the purchase order.
- Coordinator manual purchase orders with the construction sites and construction manager.
- Reconcile accounts on a monthly basis.
- Performs related clerical duties, such as word processing, maintaining filing and record systems, faxing and photocopying.
- Coordinator multiple projects concurrently.
- Produce gross margin reports, model estimates, and analyze cost over runs.
- Process miscellaneous payables as required.
- Back charge suppliers for quality assurance issues.
- Providing service to several people or departments, working under many simultaneous deadlines.
- Maintain and create accounts for contractors and suppliers as needed.
- Other clerical duties, such as data entry, maintaining filing and record systems, faxing and photocopying.
- Other duties as required.
About Us: A remodelled heritage barn in Stittsville serves as the creative hub of the company, where spread out over 3 floors, our management, design and production teams bring award-winning ideas and concepts to life! We also have additional offices, one located in McKellar Park, the other in New Edinburgh, and another opening soon in the Glebe.
We strive to provide a work environment that is enjoyable and achieves a balance between work and personal time. Our office hours are Monday-Friday 8am to 4:30 pm, however, overtime may be required. This position is specifically based out of our head office in Stittsville.
We feel you should consider applying if you like the idea of the following:
Knowing that the work you do makes a difference: Our team-player employees are the basis of our solid foundation on which we built our reputation of 25 years as an award-winning and life changing design-builder of interiors, renovations, additions and custom homes.
Having a voice and being heard: We are looking for someone who can bring initiative to the job and has recommendations and solutions to our challenges. We will listen; your opinions will not fall on deaf ears.
Feeling appreciated: a strong work ethic, loyalty and accountability is appreciated… and rewarded.
Learning new skills and getting your hands dirty: Figuratively speaking. Simply put, we want someone who won’t back down from a challenge when things get “dirty”. We want someone with a sense of teamwork, not entitlement, who’s adaptable, not rigid. Although you will need many skills to apply, we feel that certain skills can be learned while attitude and personality cannot.
Giving Back: We sponsor several charitable events and causes with money, services and expertise.
Skills and tools YOU will need to be SUCCESSFUL with us:
- Completion of post-secondary education in accounting or finance is required.
- Minimum of two years’ work experience in a related role would be an asset.
- Strong ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to meet deadlines while working with high volume of payables.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to problem-solve and propose efficiencies in processes.
- Highly proficient use of various Office-based software, including Microsoft Office, Adobe.
- Experience using an ERP system or other complex accounting system, in the construction industry would be an asset.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and approach situations in a diplomatic and professional manner.
As you can see, this is a dynamic position that requires many skills. It is also a position that will continuously evolve in order to answer the needs of the company as we grow and evolve. Please note that this position would involve sitting or standing for long periods of time at a workstation, manual dexterity, and repetitive work.
If you feel you can bring these skills to our team, then we would like to hear from you. Please forward your resume and a letter explaining to us why YOU are the right fit for Amsted Design-Build along with your salary expectations to Caree McCullough by email at Caree.McCullough@amsted.ca
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please, no drop-ins or phone calls.