Construction Technician – Brockville
Full-time, PermanentBrockville, ON
AMSTED DESIGN-BUILD is in search of an EXPERIENCED RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION TECHNICIAN (minimum 5 years experience)
About the Position: As a Technician, you will actively participate in the success of high-end residential custom construction projects. Amsted Technicians are responsible for performing any labour i.e. demolition, carpentry, footings, framing, trim, clean-up, and any other labour necessary to successfully complete the project as directed by the Project Manager. Successful performance in keeping with our core values will ensure we achieve our Vision and Mission and provide all of our customers with the Amsted Advantage.
Skills and tools you will need to be successful in this position:
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Strong organization and problem-solving ability
- Attention to detail
- Experience with hardware tools and electrical equipment
- Be able to lay out and install stud wall framing and decking
- Be able to install standard wall cabinetry and accessories
- Be able to install pre-hung door units and windows
- Be able to install drywall and to properly tape and finish drywall
- Be able to do inside and outside caulking
- Be able to do small painting projects
- Be able to do finish carpentry
- Be prepared to work inside and outside regardless the weather
- Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing or HVAC systems
- Knowledge in various areas (Painting, Caulking, Plastering, Carpentry)
- Identify and report the need for major repairs
- Be able to understand blueprints, drawings, and written specifications. Understand work orders, change orders and all other job-related documents
- Maintain a clean and Safe Jobsite
- Anticipate items to maintain work-flow and productivity. Be proactive
- Ensure that the job site is kept in a neat, clean and orderly fashion. Install and maintain adequate dust protection. Use tarps and plastic to cover existing finishes as needed. Remove construction debris as early as feasible.
- Lock and secure the premises at the end of each day before leaving
- Maintain daily contact with the Project Manager
About Us: Are you looking to join a motivated, growth-oriented company that recognizes loyalty and rewards excellence? Amsted Design-Build is proud to have been named 2022 Ottawa Renovator of the Year. We offer above average compensation, year-round work, and a benefits plan in a 100% supportive team environment. Excellent teamwork is a huge key to our success!
We feel you should consider applying if you like the idea of the following:
- Knowing that the work you do makes a difference: Our team-player employees are the basis of our solid foundation on which we built our reputation of 30+ years as an award-winning and life changing design-builder of interiors, renovations, additions and custom homes.
- Having a voice and being heard: We are looking for someone who can bring initiative to the job and has recommendations and solutions to our challenges. We will listen; your opinions will not fall on deaf ears.
- Feeling appreciated: a strong work ethic, loyalty and accountability is appreciated… and rewarded.
- Learning new skills and getting your hands dirty: Literally and figuratively. Simply put, we want someone who won’t back down from a challenge when things get “dirty”. We want someone with a sense of teamwork, not entitlement, who’s adaptable, not rigid. Although you will need many skills to apply, we feel that certain skills can be learned while attitude and personality cannot.
- Giving Back: We sponsor several charitable events and causes with money, services and expertise.
As you can see, this is a dynamic position that requires many skills. If you feel you can bring these skills to our team, then we would like to hear from you! Please forward your resume and a letter explaining to us why YOU are the right fit for Amsted Design-Build along with your salary expectations.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank You.
Extended health care
Paid time off
Monday to Friday
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
Brockville, ON: Reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
carpentry/construction: 5 years (preferred)
Drivers License (required)